Managing Director / Principal Consultant
Dave Lenton is an economist and project manager with 20 years of utilities experience across the whole supply chain in the electricity industry. As well as gaining an excellent overview of the operation of UK, European and Australian wholesale and retail electricity markets he has developed detailed knowledge in smart metering and smart grid. Key areas of expertise include:
- Societal cost benefits assessments for major investments with comprehensive modelling to include scenario analysis, sensitivity and Monte-Carlo analysis
- Regulatory framework reviews including meter contestability, water competition, demand side management and the assessment of barriers for new technologies
- Development of roadmap and the business case documentation for Smart Grid and operational technology with deliverables for regulatory/board level approval
- Review and analysis of regulatory submission responses and development of supporting documentation
- Wholesale and retail market development
David has over 17 years’ experience in the Energy and Utilities industry working for DMR Consulting, Logica and Kema Consulting, and has been trained in and applied proven, accepted and effective methodologies, including program and project management, quality management, benefits realisation, strategic consulting, business process modelling, enterprise architecture, maturity models (CMMI and SGMM), SDLC and ICT strategy. This has resulted in high value adding services and deliverables to clients. Key areas of expertise include:
- Strategic Consulting
- Integration of IT and real time systems (OT/IT convergence)
- Program planning and establishment
- Smart Grid business strategy development and application in energy and utilities
- Organisational Change Management
- Business Case Development
Senior Principal Consultant
Don Bonnitcha has 40 years of experience assisting power utilities in meeting their operational goals. He has a deep understanding of the operation and design of power systems and the business strategies, structures, practices and processes of generation, transmission and distribution utilities. Don’s experience includes many major deployments of Operational Technology systems that monitor, analyse and control power systems and enable efficient control room operations. Key areas of expertise include:
- Operational Technology Systems Strategy Development
- Smart Grid strategy development and technology assessments
- Project management of large-scale, complex engineering projects
- Distribution Management Systems applications for power distribution utilities
- Energy Management Systems applications for power generation and transmission utilities
- SCADA systems applications for large power utilities, pipelines, and water networks
Greg has more than 20 years of experience in the operational technology arena, most of it spent in managing real time systems support teams, managing a gas network distribution control room as well as a range of network management system projects. He has a passion to assist utilities to obtain the best from their operational technology to achieve significant benefit to the organisation. His key areas of expertise include:
- Lifecycle project experience covering development of business cases, user requirements analysis, preparation of detailed technical specifications, conduct of technical, commercial and contractual evaluations, and project management of complex technology implementation projects
- SCADA system applications for power, gas and water networks
- Distribution management system applications for power distribution utilities
- Smart metering expertise through operational involvement in the roll out in Victoria
- Practical experience of the issues facing utilities operating real time systems
Darren is an Electrical Engineer with a 23-year history in SCADA and related advanced applications for the electricity transmission and distribution sectors. His knowledge and experience further extends to the application of SCADA and other operational technologies to the oil and gas transmission sector, as well as enterprise-scale SCADA for water / waste-water utilities.
Darren has formerly held both technical and management roles within major Australian SCADA suppliers and has worked extensively overseas (incl. Saudi Arabia, UK/Ireland, Indonesia, China) in a variety of roles including business development, consulting, training, project management, system design and implementation.
His work has given him specific knowledge of the operational demands and practical application of SCADA / DMS / OMS systems within the electricity utility environment, and more recently in the specific areas of intelligent networks and SCADA security.
Nathan has more than 17 years’ experience in energy and critical infrastructure operations – electricity, gas, water and transport. His roles have included project delivery, support, business development and operational management in a broad range of real-time and other operational technologies serving critical infrastructure and network-oriented organisations.
Nathan has formerly held both technical and management roles within major SCADA suppliers and has worked in Australia and Canada in a variety of roles including systems engineering, training, system design, support and business development.
His work has given him specific knowledge of the operational demands and practical application of SCADA systems within the electricity, gas pipelines, water utility environments and intelligent transport systems.
Moayad is a solutions-focused IT/OT professional with a career spanning 12 years, providing the leadership and direction needed to support complex networks and IT/OT infrastructure in Utilities, Telecommunications, and Accounting sectors. His experience includes delivery of IT solutions; technical project management; architecture governance; vendor management; Business Case development and Statements of Work. He is a certified Prince2 Practitioner and Agile Practitioner, as well as being TOGAF certified.
Within the Utilities industry, Moayad has developed OT architectures, security architectures, security frameworks and policies in line with NIST and NERC recommendations, and managed teams supporting OT communications infrastructure, amongst other business-related tasks.
John has over 40 years of experience in electricity distribution, transmission and regulation. His previous roles include Director of Engineering for National Grid Company and Technical Director for Ofgem, the British gas and electricity regulator. Most recently, he was Director, Network Innovation for KEMA Consulting Limited. He has in-depth experience of network operations, asset management, price control incentive frameworks, and future network developments including Smart Grids. He takes a particular interest in innovation and the factors that are critical to its successful deployment in liberalised markets. He is a founding member of the UK government’s Smart Grid Forum
Stephen Iacopetta has over 30 years industry experience in real time SCADA control systems, telecommunications systems, and Networks operations in the electricity and aviation industry. Most recently Stephen was the SmartGrid Technical Project Manager and SmartGrid Architect at Western Power, and over a 5 year period successfully lead a multidiscipline technical and architecture development team in the SmartGrid Development Branch.
Prior to his work in SmartGrid Stephen had successfully undertaken a range of management and technical engineering roles in Western Power. These included SCADA and Communications Asset Manager, SCADA Manager, SCADA Project Manager, Communications Design Team Leader and Project Team Leader. As part of this role he lead a group of five IT and Systems Engineering experts working with General Electric in Florida for 12 months on the development and testing of ENMAC Distribution and Transmission SCADA systems for Western Power.
Stephen typically provides high‐level strategic, technical, asset management and cost‐benefit modelling advice on SmartGrid, AMI, SCADA and Telecommunications systems for Transmission and Distribution Networks.